Re: Per-File Auto fill mode?

From: Linards Ticmanis
Subject: Re: Per-File Auto fill mode?
Date: 26 Apr 2003 07:30:08 -0700

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<87k7dhhaml.

> Yes, specify `auto-fill' *after* the major mode:
>
> % -*- mode: fundamental; mode: auto-fill -*-

Dankeschoen. Works like a charm.

> FWIW, I use AUCTeX for writing classical Greek in LaTeX and I don't
> have such problems. You can always insert a literal quotation mark by
> typing `C-q "'. Or, if that is not satisfying, you get probably more
> convenient results if you turn off the autoformatting of quotation
> marks in latex-mode instead of using fundamental-mode;

Yeah that sure is a better idea. Had to get rid of the other junk in
my .emacs though since it wouldn't ever get to the custom variables
section. Good riddance - I think the stuff was still from the 1995
"DLD" Linux distribution, remains of which keep hauting my system....

Nochmals danke,
--
Linards Ticmanis