Re: About mail in emacs

From: Tim Heaney
Subject: Re: About mail in emacs
Date: 12 May 2003 08:26:48 -0400

Johan van der Walt <johan@fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za> writes:

> This one is about saving outgoing mail to a specific file. For this one
> has to, so it seems to me, first include an FCC field in the header and
> then specify a mail-archive-file-name. I tried using the simple
> customization offered by emacs20 but could not succeed to create a
> FCC field automatically.

If you set the mail-archive-file-name, then when you compose a message
the FCC line should already be there. For example, put something like

  (setq mail-archive-file-name "~/Mail/outbox")

in your .emacs file. Then 'C-x m' will start a message with

  FCC: ~/Mail/outbox

already filled in as one of the header lines.

I hope this helps,

Tim