Re: Emacs Fortran90 mode....

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Emacs Fortran90 mode....
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:36:44 +0100

Mika Salonoja wrote:

> I'm just beginning to use Emacs on Debian Linux for Fortran 90/95
> programming and I have three (hopefully) elemental questions:

Wow, two Fortran questions in g.e.h in one day!

> 1. How do I set Emacs f90 mode so, that all the indents and
>    capitalized keywords appear automatically. Now they're available as
>    menu options, but cannot be left permanently "on"

I don't know what you mean with respect to the indentation appearing
"automatically". Pressing the tab key on a line of code will indent
it. F90 mode has the command `f90-indent-subprogram', on C-M-q, which
will indent the whole of the current subprogram.
`f90-indent-new-line', C-j, will indent the current line and start a
new, indented line.

To have keywords be capitalized automatically in f90-mode, add the
following to your .emacs file:

(setq f90-auto-keyword-case 'capitalize-word)

Or you can use the customize interface (see below) to achieve the
same result.

> 2. Where can I find more info about emacs f90 mode? Are there, for
>    example, different kinds of .emacs files available which I could
>    try to use?

The commentary section at the start of the file f90.el describes some
of the possibilities. I'm afraid there is no section about F90 mode in
the Emacs manual (I started writing one a while ago but haven't
finished it). You could use M-x customize-group f90 to see what
choices are available.

> 3. I use emacs with KDE 3.1 and I have a roller mouse. Most Linux
>    editors and other GUI-programs scroll up and down with the mouse
>    roller whell, but Emacs does not. Why is that?

The luxury of choice (or something...)

There are various ways to enable mouse wheel support. Try:

(require 'mwheel)
(mwheel-install)

in your .emacs.