Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?

From: Petter Wintzell
Subject: Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?
Date: 28 May 2003 07:05:59 -0700

Hi,

Is there an Emacs mode that can help a programmer follow a set of
coding guidelines and style rules? I am thinking of the simple rules
that exist in many companies and projects regarding line length,
comment style, indent style, hanging braces, variable names and what
not.

I would like a mode that highlighted the text when I broke a
guideline. It would also be nice if the mode could help me correct the
error.

One thing that would also be nice is if one could switch between
different rule sets, so that I can easily have one set of rules when
coding at work, one when coding at home, one when participating in a
particular open source project, etc.

Is there any such mode or functionality?

Regards,
/Petter