Re: Has anyone successfully compiled NtEmacs with fully image support?

From: Robin Hu
Subject: Re: Has anyone successfully compiled NtEmacs with fully image support?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:50:42 +0000

>>>>> "lawrence" == lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li> writes:

    lawrence> I have managed to compile Emacs with mingw and gotten
    lawrence> image support working.  A few things: * do you have both
    lawrence> the dlls /and/ the header files for the relevant image
    lawrence> libraries you are compiling with?

    So can you run preview-latex within that Emacs? Mine failed
    sometimes. ;-(

    lawrence> * Does Emacs find the /correct/ image dlls when it starts
    lawrence> up.  It may be that you have multiple, incompatible, dlls
    lawrence> for (say) libjpeg on your system.  Make sure that the one
    lawrence> you should be using sits in a directory near the beginning
    lawrence> of your PATH.  This could be what is causing access
    lawrence> exceptions, the image dll Emacs is loading might not be
    lawrence> the correct one.

    Yeah, ther is the problem. JPEG can be displayed correctly after I
    tuned the PATH environment. But TIFF remains incorrect. I'd like to
    know why not we just static link all there libraries into emacs to
    avoid this dll hell?

    lawrence> -- lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

--
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps.  The goal of nature
is to build better mice.