Re: Parsing Windows .lnk file in elisp

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Parsing Windows .lnk file in elisp
Date: 03 Jul 2003 09:24:12 -0700

    If I were trying it, I would insert the .lnk file into an emacs buffer
    and then return the buffer as a string ...

    And then use the ordinary aref or subseq functions to access each
    bytes:

If the format of .lnks turns out to be complicated, it might make more
sense to do the parsing inside the buffer, rather than turning the
buffer into a string and then parsing the string.  The advantage is
that it's easy to move point forward and back in a buffer.

--
a system administrator, like an old bachelor, has few external
 forces to keep him in line.