Re: Mail windows

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Mail windows
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:02:01 -0500

> commands like M-x rmail-summary (to recompute the rmail summary)
> inevitably end up going in the small bbdb window, not in the big window.

(Actually of course I would want the result of this command
to go in the (small) window I was using for the rmail summary --
the biggest problem is that commands like rmail-reply
create a mail window in the small bbdb window.)

I did find the commands related to wconfig helpful for getting back to
the initial set up. Since I can store two or more configs, and even
recall them by name, I can see a way to do what I was trying to do by
storing window configurations, then rebinding the rmail/mail keystrokes
to run the rmail/mail functions I want to use and then run a
wconfig-restore-by-name ... but I still wonder if this is the easiest
way.  (Eg. maybe someone already has written code to do this that
they would be willing to share with me?)

Besides the fact that I am not sure how to save wconfigs between emacs
sessions...  I guess I could get in the habit of suspending my emacs
instead of quitting it - that wouldn't be so bad...

so, ok, I see one better-than-brute-force solution, but are there other
better ones?

Joe