Re: scrolling

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: scrolling
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:37:38 GMT

    Kai> I wasn't thinking of 50 when I said large number :-)
    Kai> FWIW, I have (setq scroll-conservatively 9999) and scrolling
    Kai> down some part of my ~/.emacs file didn't cause it to jump,
    Kai> even though Emacs was doing garbage collection after a few
    Kai> hundred lines.

Setting it to 9999 solves the problem.  It's just not intuitive to me
why.

Setting that var to 0 sporadically re-centers the cursor... setting it
to 50 causes cursor to pop to top of buffer every time cursor hits
bottom, setting it to 9999 causes desired behavior (at least in my
view).

Oh well, at least it works.  Thanks for the help.