Re: preview-latex: preview normal text?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: preview-latex: preview normal text?
Date: 05 Sep 2003 16:31:50 +0200

Take a look at l2tabu.pdf on CTAN.

> (\emph and \textbf?) I learned Latex from a 1996 book. They didn't say
> anything about these commands' obsoleteness.

Take a look at a current calendar.  Write down the year we are having
now.  Subtract 7 from it.  Think hard.

> > > I also wonder why section headers are previewed while chapter headers
> > > are not.
> >
> > Probably because you are using some package that replaces chapter
> > headers by something not using \@startsection.
> >
> > > Can I change this in some way?
> > ?
> > Well, certainly.  But unless you tell us just what you are doing,
>
> I am writing a document of the type [german]{book}. I would like
> to preview all headers. I will attach my preamble to this mail.
>
> Thanks for your answers so far and sorry for all this text.
> I dont know how to state the problem clearly with less
> text.

[Elephant preamble with lots of uncommon and partly obsoleted styles
deleted.  You really need to read l2tabu.pdf and or use TeXidate
<URL:http://kohm.de.tf/markus/texidate.html>]

Think hard.  What would I have to do when presented with such an
example?  Narrow down the problem.  How?  By throwing out things that
might or might not be relevant, until only the stuff causing the
problem remains.  Why should I be doing this instead of you?

Anyhow, it appears that even the standard LaTeX does not use
\@startsection for chapters.  Too bad.  Try something like

\PreviewMacro[{*[]{}}]\chapter