Re: letting super user read .emacs

From: Kevin Dziulko
Subject: Re: letting super user read .emacs
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:44:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Puff Addison wrote:

> Lute Kamstra wrote:

> >>While su'ed as another user, use "emacs -u your-login".
> >>

> >You may also have to do "chmod o+r .emacs".
> >
> >  Lute.
> >

> You will probably also have to do "chmod o+x <home directory> "   for
> this to work.

Perhaps my original message wasn't clear enough. This is the problem. We
are not allowed to have any permissions for "others" on our home
directories.  Thank you for your replies, but they won't help me.  What I
was thinking was to put my .emacs in a directory outside of my home
directory (that way the directory can have any permits I want).

Thanks again.