Re: emacs as an ide

From: LEE Sau Dan
Subject: Re: emacs as an ide
Date: 17 Oct 2003 23:38:50 +0200

    Bruce> Kai Grossjohann wrote:
    >> "Martin" <x@y.z> writes:
    >>> ...I am too lazy to do the M-x compile command
    >> Well, (global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'recompile) might do
    >> something useful for you.  WDYT?

    Bruce> If you want to follow Microsoft 'standards', F5 is run, and
    Bruce> F7 is build, As I Recall. In other modes, F7 is spell
    Bruce> check, although some Gnusers spell check their code.

In Borland's text-based  IDE's, F9 is the standard  key for "compile",
F7/F8 for 'previous-error and 'next-error, ...  It's not a coincidence
that both Martin and I have  F9 bound to 'compile.  (Maybe, Martin has
also bound F8 to 'next-error?)

And guess which predates which: Borland's IDE or Microsoft's IDE?

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de