Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading

From: Hans-Joachim Daniels
Subject: Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading problem)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:42:32 +0200

Hallo,

AUCTeX comes with a manual.  "Installation" will tell you to put
(require 'tex-site) in your .emacs file.

I read and tried that before posting.
But it didn't help because Debian does not put it in the load path.

At least for the True Emacs I could use the AUCtex compiled for Enhanced Carbon Emacs, but for XEmacs I have no AUCtex yet. There pointing to that directory with

(setq load-path (cons "~/.xemacs/site-lisp/auctex" load-path))
(require 'tex-site)

did not help. Probably because it is compiled for the Emacs.
But using the path to the XEmacs package did not help.

Thanks for your efforts,

Ha-Jo