Re: copy/paste with other programs

From: Oliver Sturm
Subject: Re: copy/paste with other programs
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:10:31 +0100

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:56:07 +0100, Eric Marsden wrote:

> the rationale for Emacs' behaviour is at
>
> <URL:http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Standards/clipboards-spec/clipboards.txt>

Very nice text, thanks for that. Still, copying something from Evolution
1.2 lets me paste it into an xterm window with the middle button, but not
into an Emacs buffer. Instead, it pastes the last thing I copied from
Emacs itself, probably CLIPBOARD instead of PRIMARY. The text says
explicitely

   middle mouse button should paste PRIMARY, never CLIPBOARD

but that's not what Emacs seems to do. Or where am I wrong?

               Oliver Sturm
--
Dahlhoff IT-Solutions - Buellenkothenweg 37a - 40229 Duesseldorf
Tel.: 0211-22959012   - Fax: 0211-22959016   - http://www.dahlhoff.biz