Re: What the next machine will be like after iMac.

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: What the next machine will be like after iMac.
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:05:51 +0100

Dan Anderson wrote:
::snip::

The next machines will be Lisp machines with Emacs operating system
running on them.

<tongue in cheek>

        You're way behind the times and need to upgrade.  ;-P  I've been using
Emacs as an OS for years and never once looked back.  Read mail, search
files, browse the web, whatever I need to do I can do in Emacs.  I never
understood the argument about Microsoft being a monopoly because they
bundle so much software.  In Emacs OS I can word process, surf the web,
read mail, read news, program, compile, run said programs, and find
fulfillment. Plus I can customize just about anything I want in LISP. All hail the one true editor!

So the whole FSF movement and all its GNU tools are created just to make the Emacs OS? Interesting direction of thought!

Arjan

> </tongue in cheek>

ps. I really should try to replace Mozilla for Gnus as off-line news reader ;-)
If you really want to contact me, then replace the "I see you" text by its three letter accronym, ICU.

Fabricate Diem PVNC, Motto of the Night Watch -- Terry Pratchett