Re: w3 under development or not?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: w3 under development or not?
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:34:42 +0200

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> writes:
> I suppose I could lobby for swbell to install SpamAssassin.  But then
> I'm dependent on someone else setting up rules that could potentially
> cost me a valid email now and again.  They'd never do it anyway.

I highly recommend the server-side spam filtering, e.g. SpamAssassin.
If your provider don't have it, you could find a provider that has
such service.  If those M$ security patches are removed on server,
then you have no more problems with hanging Gnus.  However, currently
SpamAssassin scores for Micro$oft executable programs are not
well-balanced, so I suggest you to add the following line to the
user_prefs file:

score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 4.5

This works so well for me.  Once a month I quickly browse spam headers
collected in the spam folder on the server (to check whether all
they are spam) and delete them.  I am so happy now to not receive
anymore all those spam letters about Sexy Lisp (I'm not sure is it
Emacs Lisp what they mean :-)

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/