Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:26:46 +0100

On Mon, Nov 24 2003, Dan Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 10:40, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:
[...]
>> > I keep several hundred megs of e-mail and if Gnus tried slurping
>> > the entire file into memory my box would have no ram left for
>> > programs.
>>
>> Seems like you are confused about what nnml actually _is_.
>
> What am I missing?

(info "(gnus)Choosing a Mail Back End")
(info "(gnus)Mail Spool")
(info "(gnus)Comparing Mail Back Ends")

nnml uses "one file per article" just like nnmaildir.  Both should
more or less work equally well for large groups.  Both back ends *do
not* put all messages into memory at once.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)