Re: Emacs Version 21.3 - McAfee Claims it has a Virus.

From: Will Williamson
Subject: Re: Emacs Version 21.3 - McAfee Claims it has a Virus.
Date: 26 Nov 2003 07:22:16 -0800

andrew.maguire@ps.ge.com wrote in message
news:<mailman.588.1069796194.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> > I just downloaded the Emacs version 21.3 tar ball.  McAfee claims that
> > the tar ball has a virus.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?
>
> No it does not have virus.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq3.html#emacs-virus
>
> Andrew

The FAQ above states that the virus is in NTEmacs.  I downloaded the
Emacs source tarball which can be built on any platform (or that was
my intent!) directly from the GNU web site.  The FAQ above also
states: "To remove these warnings, update your virus scanner to the
latest version".  I do have the latest version.  I got the virus
warning because I was Windoze machine as a conduit between the web and
our Solaris machine.  Has anyone else seen this problem in the non NT
version of the tar ball?