Re: @gnu.org broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: @gnu.org broken?
Date: 30 Nov 2003 07:57:52 +0200

> From: Daniel Pfeiffer <occitan@esperanto.org>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:53:02 +0100
>
> For a few days I have not been able to file bug reports for Emacs:

>   emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
>     host mx10.gnu.org [199.232.76.166]: 550 Invalid address in message header
>
> or
>
>   emacs-bug@gnu.org
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<emacs-bug@gnu.org>:
>     host mx10.gnu.org [199.232.76.166]: 550 unknown user

First, this is a really _bad_ place for sending this information:
none of the gnu.org sysadmins reads this forum.

Second, the above error messages do not indicate in any way that you
are unable to post to these two mailing list (in fact, I see your
messages posted just fine).  They merely say that your messages could
not be sent to a single user for the reasons cited in the messages.

In general, gnu.org mailing lists are set up in a way that the list
administrator gets those error messages and should take the
corrective action.

In other words: don't worry, be happy!