Re: Seeing Attachments in Gnus

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Seeing Attachments in Gnus
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 21:15:48 +0000

Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

>         When somebody sends me an e-mail with an attachment under Gnus
> I don't see that I've gotten one unless I am using verbose headers and
> see that it's  a multipart e-mail, and even then  can't seem to figure
> out how to extract them.  How do I:
>
>         a.  Tell Gnus to alert me when an e-mail has an attachment
>         b.  Tell Gnus where to save said attachment.

Maybe this happens if people compose a multipart/alternative message
where one alternative is a text/plain message (shown by Gnus) and the
other alternative is multipart/mixed or multipart/related.

You might like to try C-d on such a message to find out its MIME
structure.  Depending on the findings, it might be possible to tell
Gnus to prefer the other alternative.

Also note that Gnus will show "(2 parts)" in the modeline of the
article buffer when you view the message.  That way, you don't need to
show the raw message to find out that there could be a problem.  And
then you just do C-d to extract whatever you like from the msg.

Kai