Two quick questions

From: Hemond, Steve
Subject: Two quick questions
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:28:31 -0500

Hi people,

I have two questions :

1. How can I make Emacs open the directory list in the buffer instead of
popping up an X-Window? I would prefer use the keyboard 100% of the time.

2. How can I make Emacs understand these filetypes :
        .py  (Python files)
      .php (Php files)
      .rb  (Ruby files)

   I luckily found php-mode.el but I didn't find it on the Emacs Wiki page. Any
other repository for file support and syntax highlighting?

Please don't tell me to RTFM because I just finished reading the official Emacs
manual.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Steve Hemond
Programmeur Analyste / Analyst Programmer
Smurfit-Stone, Ressources Forestières
La Tuque, P.Q.
Tel.: (819) 676-8100 X2833
shemond@smurfit.com