Re: Highlight comment in gauss mode

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Highlight comment in gauss mode
Date: 7 Jan 2004 05:33:32 -0800

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote in message
news:<jwvn090372j.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@asado.iro.umontreal.ca>...
> > Thank you for your response and sorry for unclear information.
> > Based on Gauss, the valid comment format is anything between /* and */
> > (same as C) and between @ ... @ when @ ... @ is at the same line.
>
> But the question remains of whether or not
>
>      @ foo

@ foo
is not valid Gauss. The valid Gauss comments are

/* this kind of comment can be nested */

@ this kind of comment cannot be nested @

For example, the followings are valid gauss comment:

Case 1:
/* foo1
  /* foo2 */
*/

Case 2:
@ foo2@

Case 3:

@ foo3
@

> is valid Gauss (and whether it is a comment).
>
> > I just use the gauss mode implemented by Steve Berry. However, this
> > mode only supports @ ... @ type comment but not highlight the comment.
>
> Reading the code, I'd expect it to highlight them, although in `string'
> face rather than in `comment' face.  Can you precisely (i.e. as if talking
> to a complete idiot) describe what you do, what you see, and what you
> expected instead ?

I just want to see the colors are different in comment areas. For example,

{ans1,ans2} = call_foo(arg1,arg2,arg3); @This is foo subroutine@
/* foo is calculating ....
*/

I would like to see highlight in