help - isearch highlits my buffer into a sort of Christmas tree

From: nospam55
Subject: help - isearch highlits my buffer into a sort of Christmas tree
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:44:35 +0100

Hi

when I say e.g.

  C-s a

my new emacs highlights every visible occurrence of 'a' , and not only
the next (found) one ; the result is reminiscent of a beautiful Christmas tree
with dozens of little red lamps which however in the emacs situation is in my
feeling
a bit confusing. I would like to disable this behavior.

How to get highlighted only the found occurrence ?

  Thank you :-)