Re: help - isearch highlits my buffer into a sort of Christmas tree

From: Christopher J. White
Subject: Re: help - isearch highlits my buffer into a sort of Christmas tree
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:04:04 -0500

>>>>> "nospam55" == nospam55  <nospa@no.yahoo.no> writes:

nospam55> Hi
nospam55> when I say e.g.

nospam55>   C-s a

nospam55> my new emacs highlights every visible occurrence of 'a' ,

I find this a very useful feature, but I'm usually searching
for more complex strings than 'a'  ;-)

nospam55> I would like to disable this behavior.

Here's how I found the answer to your your problem:

 apropos "highlight"
 search for "isearch"
 C-h v "isearch-lazy-highlight"

--