Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package
Date: 01 Mar 2004 10:45:56 +0100

V> In the carbon build it's either alt or meta, depending on the value of
V> the variable mac-command-key-is-meta.  Every carbon emacs user I know
V> sets this variable to nil,

Well, I don't. The main reason is that I would loose the Alt-keyboard
function which gives me acces to non-ASCII characters, like the Euro sign
and accented characters. Yes, I know Emacs has other ways to access these,
but I find them handy as they are the same as in other applications. If
you are English-speaking then these are less important. Maybe that's the
reason the British don't want the Euro :=)
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl