Re: Makeing edit function more like win style

From: reader
Subject: Re: Makeing edit function more like win style
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:51:29 -0500

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com writes:
>
>> That is, the same action that cuts and pasts from IE to notetab should
>> work from IE to emacs.  Currently I see no way at all to do simple cut
>> and paste from browser to emacs.

Apologies to Kai and other posters.  It was all user error.

I'd originally tried to unload the clipboard from a C-c in Browser by
hitting right mouse in emacs then when that failed I tried C-y and
finally edit/paste.  None of those worked:

I see now it was the sequence that made it fail.  I needed to resupply
the clipboard by C-c again in the Browser.

C-c in Browser and C-y works but if you stick a right mouse click
inside emacs before C-y, it will fail.  Strangely though, trying a C-v
(windows key combo for yanking) before C-y and the c-y still works.
But right mouse click unloads the clipboard somehow.

Anyway all is well now C-c C-y or Edit/paste work as expected.