Re: NTemacs doesn't understand RCS

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: NTemacs doesn't understand RCS
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:45:52 -0700

[Please don't top-post.]

Scott Thibault wrote:
> I'm still getting the same message, so I guess it is not working.  I
> put it in my .emacs file and just to be sure copied it to *scratch*
> and did an eval-buffer.

Saving it in your .emacs file will affect future invocations.  Eval'ing
it in the *scratch* buffer will affect the current invocation -- but you
have to beware that Emacs caches version control info, so you might need
to do the following before revisiting the file with e.g `C-x C-v':

M-: (vc-file-clearprops buffer-file-name) RET

> What is vc-rcs-master-templates?  The look like they should be file
> specs.

`C-h v' should answer that.

I see a potential bug that might prevent it from working: if the RCS
file's contents have any leading or trailing whitespace, it will be
taken as a literal part of the RCS directory name.  Try replacing:

               (buffer-string))))
with:
               (buffer-substring (progn
                                   (goto-char (point-min))