Re: emacs for everything?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:24:57 -0600

  What _you_ are missing on X is the benefit of having Emacs
  occupying the _whole_ screen with an optimal font, without
  distractions from window borders, mice, scroll-bars, menus,
  task-bars, wine-bars, tool-bars, crow-bars, and what ever else
  glaziers clutter your screen up with.

He might be but _I'm_ not -- check out the ratpoison window manager.
(And if you like my posted emacs configuration, which gets rid of
all the googahs you mentioned.)

As for why I prefer to use X, it is because there are more modifiers
available in an emacs running under X than in an emacs running in
the terminal.