Re: Problems using psgml with emacs

From: Anders Gjendemsjø
Subject: Re: Problems using psgml with emacs
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:37:05 +0100

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Harald Joerg wrote:

> Anders Gjendemsjø writes:
>
> > Typing C-c C-c in emacs gives me:
> > (running Windows XP)
> >
> > "Opening input file: permission denied c:/sgml"
> >
> > Any tip`?
>
> I guess you're talking about sgml-show-context?
Yes.

> Does c:/sgml exist?  If yes: Is it a file or a directory?
Does exist, it is a directory containing a SGML Open style entity catalog
file + a subdirectory called dtd containg directories with dtd files.

> What's your doctype declaration?

<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//CNX//DTD CNXML 0.5//EN"
"http://cnx.rice.edu/cnxml/0.5/DTD/cnxml_mathml.dtd";>

> What does C-h v sgml-catalog-files say?
sgml-catalog-files's value is ("c:/SGML")

Documentation:> *List of catalog entry files. The files are in the format
defined in the SGML Open Draft Technical Resolution on Entity Management.
Defined in `psgml'.

> Do you have an environment variable SGML_CATALOG_FILES?
Yes. SGML_CATALOG_FILES is set to: c:\SGML

>What do you have in your *Messages* buffer?
Opening input file: permission denied, c:/SGML

> I'd guess that either the SYSTEM identifier of your doctype or at least
> one of the files in sgml-catalog-files, or one of the files referred to
> in your sgml-catalog-files, or one of the directories where the files
> are, contains either a space (after 'c:\sgml') or a backslash.
Maybe, but not as I can see.

Or maybe
> you fall victim to the default value of sgml-ecat-files of ("ECAT"
> "~/sgml/ECAT" "/usr/local/lib/sgml/ECAT"): "~/sgml/ECAT" looks pretty
> much like "C:/sgml/ECAT".

C-h v sgml-ecat-files show the above. ~/sgml/ECAT and c:/sgml/ECAT is the
same.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem with ECAT correctlty, but I also
tried moving the content of C:\sgml to C:\sgml\ecat, and updated
SGML-CATALOG-FILES variable. But with the same result.

>--
>Cheers, haj

Thanks.

Hope you or someone else have some ideas of how to fix this.

Best,
Anders