Re: Persistent white background

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Persistent white background
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:23:51 +0100

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:30:46 +0100 Torsten Bronger
<bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> I've just compiled the current Emacs CVS with the "gtk" option and
> installed it on my SUSE 9.2 system.  Everything works fine except
> for the background.  The proper background color is set only behind
> characters, but not in the empty part of the frame.  So my
> background is partly black (the actual set-background-color) and
> white.  Settings in ~/.Xdefaults didn't help (and shouldn't be
> necessary, should they?), neither did the "don't apply KDE colours
> to non-KDE application" setting of KDE.  What could have gone wrong?

I have exactly the same set up (CVS Emacs built with gtk running on
SUSE 9.2) and see the same thing in KDE.  I don't know why, but I did
determine that it doesn't happen in e.g. the Blackbox window manager.
So it looks like a problem specific to Emacs+gtk+KDE.

Steve Berman