Re: Re: (Mac partition manager)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Re: (Mac partition manager)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:38:10 +0100

Am 08.03.2005 um 22:14 schrieb Gian Uberto Lauri:

What  I need is something to shrink Mac OS X partition.

The most easy way: backup, re-install/re-partition, re-store.

The more complicated way would involve compacting the many used blocks on disk into one object (defragmentation). I think you'll need Norton for this. Then you could have a problem with you Mac (an iBook, as I remember): you might need to have an Apple_Boot_Partition in first 8 GB, and maybe Linux too! Some disk controllers make it impossible to boot from blocks behind the 8 GB border.

And I vaguely remember that I read about a Mac partition manager, maybe coming from Australia or New Zealand, that can shrink! I think it was VolumeWorks from SubRosaSoft. Isn't there a Drive Genius too?

--
Greetings

  Pete

When you meet a master swordsman,