Re: Reading in a variable list of strings

From: Florian von Savigny
Subject: Re: Reading in a variable list of strings
Date: 14 Mar 2005 16:37:14 +0100

Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com> writes:

> How about something like this:
>
>  (while (not (string-equal ""
>      (setq test
>         (read-string "Enter string. and press enter. (When ready, just input
> an empty string: ")))))

Just great, thanks. I wasn't aware that the \n character (that would
be part of the input in a Perl script, for example) is automatically
stripped off by Elisp, and it also didn't occur to me that you can
simply test the return value of an assignment like that. I guess it
was a case of "den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht sehen" ...

Thanks a lot!

--

Florian v. Savigny

If you are going to reply in private, please be patient, as I only
check for mail something like once a week. - Si vous allez répondre
personellement, patientez s.v.p., car je ne lis les courriels
qu'environ une fois par semaine.