add-menu-button: Xemacs to emacs

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: add-menu-button: Xemacs to emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:38:51 -0900

Hello:

I am in the process of transitioning from Xemacs to emacs.
I have code that uses the xemacs 'add-menu-button function.
Emacs does not recognize this function.

1)The simple question is:
   What is the corresponding emacs function to add a menu
    (and items) to the menubar
2)The larger question is:
   Is there a "checklist" of emacs/xemacs discrepancies?
3)When evaluating a call to 'add-menu-button is emacs/*scratch*
   I'm getting the following error message:
     "Autoloading failed to define function debug"
  It appears that a 'debug function needs to be defined in the
   emacs startup process. (debug on error is enabled)
  How may I enable this 'debug function?

Thanks
tim