Re: i18n search/replace with input methods latin-4-postfix and rfc1345

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: i18n search/replace with input methods latin-4-postfix and rfc1345
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:54:01 -0500

> Thanks again, monsieur Monnier. I posted a note about my problem to
> gnu.emacs.bug.

I doubt you'll get much help this way: there have been various changes in
the way unify-on-decoding works, but I don't think anyone knows of
a particular change that would explain your problem.  Maybe your problem is
actually unrelated, or not fixed in Emacs-CVS.  Unify on decoding does work,
but the details matter (e.g. does unification take place only when reading
files or also when inputting chars via quail.  What about when inputting
chars via XIM, ...).

Now that I think about it, I don't know why I didn't think of telling you to
try one of the precompiled NTEmacs binaries that wander around on the net.
I don't know where to find them, but I know they exist.

        Stefan