Re: nero.el requires emacs-21.X

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: nero.el requires emacs-21.X
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:59:06 -0600

Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hm... I use CVS, so um, yeah.  Never ran into that.
>
> If your emacs is pre March 2002, its pretty old (like, older than my
> entire Emacs Lisp coding life).
>
> Should I make changes to support these old Emacses - and if so, anyone
> have any advice about what to do?  I haven't done anything that seems
> very out of the ordinary (to me)... I can dig around - but maybe this
> issue is familiar to people who lived through the changes you're
> talking about, in the flesh.
>

>    Joe,
>
>    I happened to try to load nero.el in Emacs-21.3 today; it fails
>    with
>
>    ;;; nero.el --- a fast Lynx-based browser for Emacs
>    ;; Copyright (C) 2005 Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu>
>    ;; Time-stamp: <jac -- Mon Mar 28 00:36:43 CST 2005>

>    load: Symbol's value as variable is void: macro-declaration-function

I just loaded a more recent version of nero.el in Emacs 21.3 (invoked
with -q) and ran M-x nero-home with no errors:

;; Time-stamp: <jac -- Sun Apr  3 16:28:44 CDT 2005>

Furthermore, I don't see any references to macro-declaration-function in
nero.el.  So the bug report itself is a little suspicious...

--
Kevin Rodgers