Re: eudc fails with bbdb

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: eudc fails with bbdb
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:56:38 +0200

Le 14 Apr 2005, Kevin Rodgers vraute :

> > Could someone give me some clue ?
>
> The eudc-bbdb-extract-phones function was compiled without the
> bbdb-record-phones macro defined, so it was assumed to be a function.
>
> This problem would be prevented if the eudc-bbdb-extract-phones source
> file had
>
>       (eval-when-compile (require 'bbdb-foo))
>
> assuming bbdb-record-phones is defined in bbdb-foo.el, which provides
> the bbdb-foo feature.

Many thanks for that explanation !

Actually i had found with Google  that 4 years ago you already explained
why such a call was failing :
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_frm/thread/f1d56b88c1ae9b1f/8d24edc422c9ac0c

But I was not able to find out the solution.

BTW  : as  eudc is  part of  Emacs,  maybe i  should send  a request  to
emacs-devel for adding  the eval-when-compile ? Or maybe  Stefan, if you
are reading this... Or is it a normal case ?

--
Sébastien Kirche