Re: "Intelligent" non-proportional font

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: "Intelligent" non-proportional font
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:33:46 +0200

Am 01.06.2005 um 12:01 schrieb Sébastien Vauban:

Could someone tell me the name of an "intelligent" font,
i.e. (following my definition) a font where the number `1'
("one") is differently written than the letter `l' ("elle")?

There are a few choices left:

Lucida Console
Lucida Sans Typewriter (from Java Runtime Environment or SDK)
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono (a donation to GNOME, http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/)

The following have only one face (yet):
Everson Mono Unicode (http://www.evertype.com/emono/emmac.html, http://www.evertype.com/emono/index.html)
ProFontWindows Regular (http://forum.tobiasjung.net)
Amadeaus SImPL Regular (two versions around, the second one is problematic due to design rules, designed by Philip Chastney for APL, no URLs saved ...)
--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen
                                 <]