Re: "Intelligent" non-proportional font

From: Richard Kaszeta
Subject: Re: "Intelligent" non-proportional font
Date: 01 Jun 2005 07:36:58 -0500

> Am 01.06.2005 um 12:01 schrieb Sébastien Vauban:
>
> > Could someone tell me the name of an "intelligent" font,
> > i.e. (following my definition) a font where the number `1'
> > ("one") is differently written than the letter `l' ("elle")?
>
> There are a few choices left:
>
> Lucida Console
> Lucida Sans Typewriter (from Java Runtime Environment or SDK)

Careful with Lucida San Typewriter and Lucida Console, since most
versions of it I have the difference between O and 0 is too subtle to
be picked up out-of-context.  If the original poster is looked for 1/l
distinction, then that's probably an issue.

Not all implementations have this problem, but many do.

--
Richard W Kaszeta
rich@kaszeta.org