Re: "Best" way to run on Windows XP

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Best" way to run on Windows XP
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:01:17 +0300

> From: David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:47:43 +0200
>
> I think native build plus MSYS <URL:http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml>
> is a pretty good combination, but I have not actively tried it myself,
> not being a Windows user.

AFAIK, MSYS is not a full suite of ports, its purpose is to provide an
environment for running configure scripts.  Also, it has some
Cygwin-style maladies which could be a pain on Windows (for example,
Diff uses binary I/O, and thus compares files different when they only
differ in their end-of-line format, Newline vs CRLF).