Re: editing html - auto insert end tags

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: editing html - auto insert end tags
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:03:29 +0200

chris wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a html mode that will auto insert the end tags as I type. If <html> is typed, it'll add </html> straight away?

It's a simple thing I can live without, but it would be nice.

You can use nxml-mode to edit xhtml files, see EmacsWiki.

nxml-mode does not do exactly what you are asking for. Instead it keeps track of what is missing so just position the point where the end tag should be and the type C-c C-f. And since it is an error that the end tag is missing nxml-mode can take you to the right position too. It will also show be a red underline where that is.

Very handy.