Re: interaction with "internal" emacs processes.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: interaction with "internal" emacs processes.
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:56:19 -0400

>> Example:
>> (defun my-cvs-checkout-example ()
>> ""
>> (call-interactively 'cvs-checkout)
>> (message "checking out cvs repository finished") ;;. I want it be run as
>    cvs-checkout is finished and here it is not.
>> )
>>
>> I expect that sometimes there is a special hook that is run after
>> something is finished, but sometimes there is no such hook ( like here
>> for example ). I also did not find any `wait' elisp function that
>> would wait for other function to be finished.

PCL-CVS runs the command asynchronously, so upon completion of the
underlying cvs process, Emacs runs the process's sentinel function (which
in PCL-CVS parses the process's output to update the *cvs* buffer).

I'm not sure what you want to do exactly, but maybe you want to implement
your own cvs-checkout which does something extra after the checkout is
finished, in which case you should probably reimplement the function, using
cvs-mode-run (which takes a :postproc argument where you can specify code to
be executed after the command terminates).

        Stefan