Re: window-line and window-column

From: rgb
Subject: Re: window-line and window-column
Date: 10 Oct 2005 21:38:32 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Perhaps you wanted me to see compute-motion but I don't see how it helps.
>
> Check it again.  Like most functions it's meant to be meaningful under a tty
> as well, so it's very much not pixel-based.
>
> Another useful function would be posn-at-point, but it's only in Emacs-CVS.

There it is (nth 6 (posn-at-point))

But I think it might have a problem.
Unlike windmove-coordinates-of-position's value based on
compute-motion, I get a very odd result from posn-at-point
if (point) is off the screen to the left because I've done
(scroll-left).  The (car (nth 6 (posn-at-point))) value
doesn't make sense to me under those circumstances.
Could there be a bug?