Re: More imenu questions

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: More imenu questions
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:24:59 +0000

"Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fellows@manchester.ac.uk> writes:

> rgb wrote:
>> I've been trying to find time to enhance imenu myself because I have
>> several modes that need hierarchy support but it's just not happening.
>> If someone else has done something I'll be downloading it right away
>> but I've not seen anything.
>
> If you find anything, I'd appreciate knowing too. :-)

Speedbar provides a hierarchical framework into which you can put
things.  Semantic (or maybe cedet) provides a menu which behaves very
like imenu but is hierarchical (in that it's split into categories).

I doubt that either is quite as easy to set up as imenu, but I'd guess
speedbar would have something pretty easy.  I can't believe it would
be *that* hard to produce a custom hierarchical menu for Tcl code.