Re: Accessing recent file history

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Accessing recent file history
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:06:39 +0100

Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@telia.com> writes:

>> The file history that I see in the File -> Open Recently Visited would
>> be best,
>
> `recentf-list'

Sorry, I was mistaken, I am using session.el and almost forgot
that. Right now, I have two submenus in my File menu: "Open...recently
changed" and "Open...recently visited" and I now know that session
placed them there.

>> but I guess the minibuffer history for `find-file' would work too.
>
> `file-name-history'

Works, thanks!

 (defun my-open-recent-file (fname)
   "Interactively open recently opened file, using `file-name-history' as
history"
   (interactive (list (flet ((iswitchb-make-buflist
                              (default)
                              (setq iswitchb-buflist file-name-history)))
                        (iswitchb-read-buffer "Open file: "))))
   (find-file fname))