Re: Emacs Turkish Support

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs Turkish Support
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:00:15 +0100

Am 08.01.2006 um 21:29 schrieb mdozturk@yahoo.com:

I'm trying to create a Turkish website and I'm using emacs as an editor
to edit my php/html files.  I decided to use utf-8 as the coding
method, windows XP supports the turkish q keyboard.

How about:

   (modify-coding-system-alist 'file "\\.html\\'" 'utf-8)
   (modify-coding-system-alist 'process 'UTF-8 'UTF-8)
      (setq default-terminal-coding-system    'utf-8)
      (set-default-coding-systems             'utf-8)
      (prefer-coding-system                   'utf-8)

--
Greetings

  Pete

"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."
                              -- Weinberg's Second Law.