Re: mail rmail gnus on w32

From: John Wallington
Subject: Re: mail rmail gnus on w32
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:37:54 +0000

"B. T. Raven" <ecinmn@peoplepc.com> writes:

> All I have in "po:Your... etc" is my email address (same as log-in name).
> Where does the password go and can it be saved and entered automatically
> by emacs?

You can set the variable `rmail-remote-password'.

> Now when I type C-x m the minibuffer just shows "Sending mail..
> but then times out without sending it.

You might like to set `smtpmail-debug-info' to t to see any errors.

If you need to specify a password for your SMTP server then you could
try also seeting the variable `smtpmail-auth-credentials', eg:

(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
      '(("servername" 25 "username" "password")))