Re: smtpmail help

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: smtpmail help
Date: 2 Feb 2006 12:06:32 -0800

Tim, you're right, I'm sure. I played with changing my port number from
25 to 465 and 587 to use smtpauth. Things made it a little further, but
then I got the turn on smtp authorization message. I thought that's
what I had already done. Do you think I have a bad or old program, or
just set it up incorrectly? Do I have to turn on those features
manually?

Here's another conundrum: when I email myself (using the charter smtp
server) my earthlink spam filter, which filters out all messages coming
from sources not in my addressbook (kept online at ELnk), my own email
is seen as spam, even though my address is correct in the email and in
my address book. If I email anyone else, they get the message and
return it to me just using their email return function, which uses my
email address as it was received. That returned email comes to me fine.
It's only filtered if I send it to myself. I can't figure that out.

At least I can now send email from Emacs. None of my other email
clients have had these problems. That's why I've been frustrated. Right
now I'm sending this through Thunderbird.

Thanks - - Douglas