Re: bbdb-autoloads

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: Re: bbdb-autoloads
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:53:46 +0100

Am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 14:03 schrieb François Gannaz:
> Le lun 13 fév 12:35, Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got the following error message some time now after upgrading:
> >
> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file"
> > "bbdb-autoloads")
> >   require(bbdb-autoloads)
> >   bbdb-initialize(mh-e)
> >   byte-code("?????????\"???!????\"??&?'??
> > ?\"?(?.
> >
> > I cannot find the file bbdb-autoloads, even though I  purged
> > emacs and bbdb and installed it again.  During install there IS a
> > message that says something like "writing bbdb-autoloads".  Any
> > hints on solving this error?
>
> Which version of Emacs is it?

21.4.1 on Debian testing

> Is there only one installed on your
> system ?

single machine

> Have a look at your *Messages* buffer to see which file is loaded
> with a name containing "bbdb".

As said above: Emacs cannot find bbdb-autoloads.  The message exactly
is:

---snip----
An error has occurred while loading `/home/ray/.emacs.elc':
File error: "Cannot open load file", "bbdb-autoloads"
---snap---

> Did you try running Emacs with "emacs -q" ?

yepp ... runs perfectly.  It also runs perfectly if I comment out all
bbdb calls in my .emacs.

> In my own eudcb-bbdb.el of Emacs 22.0.50, there is no such
> bbdb-autoloads.

Same here - and that seems to be the problem.  As mentioned in my
recent posting I purged emacs and bbdb and installed again.
Therefore I know that bbdb compiles something like bbdb-autoloads -
well, but I can't find it - neither can emacs :-(

Anybody any hints?

ray