Re: How can I stop Emacs from messing up my code by changing case

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How can I stop Emacs from messing up my code by changing case
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:56:49 -0700

anne001 wrote:
I am using gnu emacs november 2005, 22.0.50.1
for mac
I tried C-h b and got a whole list of bindings! nothing about
capitalization there.

I found the apple C binding for capitalization in this list
http://otn.oracle.com/jdeveloper/help/__inl.inline.true/__inl.topic.ide_rkeymapemacs_html/__inl.html
apple C seemed the most likely culprit

and apple C does behave to capitalize words and it does turn GLUT into
Glut

I can  bind apple C to nothing, but if I restart emacs, the new binding
is forgotten. So I don't have a permanent fix for now

I'm not a Mac user, but Googling leads me to suggest that you put this
in your ~/.emacs file:
(setq mac-command-key-is-meta nil)

You might also be interested in Easymacs:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/Software/Emacs/Easymacs/index.php

--
Kevin Rodgers