Re: Emacs in Live CD

From: August Karlstrom
Subject: Re: Emacs in Live CD
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:52:40 GMT

subramani wrote:
I tried Ubuntu and Gnoppix (Gnome LiveCD). In both i didnt find emacs.
What may be the reason to miss emacs in these LiveCD's ???

This question is better asked in an Ubuntu or Gnoppix forum.

<off-topic>
If I remember correctly the regular Ubuntu distribution does not contain the gcc c compiler either. Development tools need to be downloaded separately. Ubuntu is not primarily aimed at programmers. If you are a non-programmer, why should you be forced to download development tools? Fedora Core takes a different approach.
</off-topic>

August

--
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your
signature.  This email was infected under the terms of the GNU