using emms

From: Senthil
Subject: using emms
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:46:26 +0530

I am trying to use emacs to hear songs. I am using Gnu Emacs 21.3.1 in
Debian sarge system and i have installed emms. I added the following
in my .emacs file for emms,

(require 'emms)
(require 'emms-player-simple)
(require 'emms-source-file)
(add-hook 'emms-player-started-hook 'emms-show)

(setq emms-player-list '(emms-player-mpg321))
(setq emms-show-format "Now Playing: %s")
(setq emms-source-file-default-directory "~/songs")

but when i play a mp3 file using M-x emms-play-file i get a message like
"No next track in playlist". What is the problem. How do i run emms.
What are the players that could be used with emms.

--
--------S.Senthil Kumaran-------
blog : http://sskganesan.blogspot.com